Monday, April 11, 2011

The Virtual Conference 2011 begins in one week!

The Virtual Conference 2011 begins in one week!


I feel like we are in “conference season”. Last Friday I was in Charlottesville during the last day of the Region 2 NACADA conference. Even though I was not attending the conference, I still got some of the conference “fever”, the urge to pick up freebies from the vendors, to meet and chat with total strangers, to exchange business cards, and of course to play the “do you know”/”have you been to” game.

In fact I had the chance to have lunch at the Tavern (a Charlottesville experience where town, tourist and students meet) with several members of the planning committee. So… what does this have to do with the Virtual Conference???

At lunch I met the two bloggers (Allen and Calley Taylor) who designed and posted the technology blog for the Region 2 NACADA blog. These two techies write about some Web 2.0 technologies in plain English . They generously welcome all of us to check out their blog - http://nacadaregion2.blogspot.com/search/label/Tuesday%20Tech%20Talk.

For those, like me, who don’t tweet or own a smart phone, I especially recommend reading the Tuesday, February 15, 2011 blog post, Twitter (or, I can do it, so can you). Also, check out the Tuesday, February 8, 2011 blog post on RSS feeds (its about keeping up with what is new on your favorite websites and online journals and not about which restaurants have buffets).

This week it is on to New Horizons. Check out the Live Blog feature at http://nhlive.email.vccs.edu/.

Also, you can follow New Horizon conference tweets at #nh11.

M.Macbeth

No comments:

Post a Comment