Friday, April 29, 2011

Until Next Spring or You Take ENROLL: Farewell

As our conference culminates with the Technology Summit today, we will take new ideas for exploration in our interactivities with colleagues and students. Next year this time, we will be talking about effects on student learning with at least one of the depositories, applications, or social sites. I have even collected poetry from the web describing actions upon the world as a result of living in the renaissance of virtual learning. The poem below, written by a screenwriter and librarian, does a good job of reflecting who we have become as consumers and users of the web. The poet incorporates links to each web resource that he references and his own website, lost here, but in the original post (CF footnote).

Barbara Glenn

 
“I’M PRETTY WELL CONNECTED”
(a Web 2.0 poem) by Gregory K.

I’m pretty well connected:
Facebook’s got my face.
I AIM and blog.
Of course I vlog.
Come see me at MySpace.

I Flickr, and I Twitter.
I wiki and Squidoo!
I’m Live. I Ning.
I’m there on Xing.
I’m really LinkedIn, too.

I Hulu, Yelp, and Google.
My YouTube channel’s hot.
I share Goodreads,
Have many feeds,
And Digg and link a lot.

Second Life and Classmates?
Xanga? RateItAll?
I’m on those four
And dozens more
Plus some I can’t recall


I’m pretty well connected:
My friends are EVERYWHERE.
I bet I’d meet
Them on the street...
If I’d just leave my chair.


Gregory K, Friday, September 19, 2008, as found at http://gottabook.blogspot.com/2008/09/im-pretty-well-connected-web-20-poeman.html, April 28, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment