Friday, March 12, 2010

Awake the Dead--and Make them Sing!

Your all-day, all-night reporter for the first week of The Reynolds’ Virtual Conference on Distance Learning is hereby resuscitated! Ain't the cyber world grand? Now, folks, what your trusty reporter really wants for her introduction--to wow ya--is to transform this image into an avatar. That is to say, I want to add my voice to this image using this text as the voice-over narration. In addition, the characters move their lips in sync (sort of) with my voice.


Joyce introduced me to a useful source at http://techntuit.pbworks.com/Avatars-In-Education. I played around with CrazyTalk, styling an icon from a menu of choices. I added my voice using my microphone/headset. Then I saved the file, which downloaded to RealPlayer (not my first choice). However, just my voice over was saved. How then to capture the image and voice?  And more importantly, how do I upload a completed avatar to, say, this posting?

Any gurus impromptu out there to give me some hints?

This failed experiment and greatly-wished for success to create really captivating avatars—not the crazy-talk kind-- is a request to our Reynolds’ technical gurus to plan a PDO. Hmmm?

No comments:

Post a Comment